Monday, February 25, 2013

Random Recap!

So it has been a little while, things have been a little hectic with moving weekend! Before I get to moving weekend though, let me start with a story I have grown to become even more and more astonished by every time I think about it. I had to make a trip to Walmart last week after leaving work to pick up some things. I came into the parking lot down the main lane and noticed a parking spot near the front...an enticing thing for a 8 month pregnant woman! However, there was a truck in front of me and I thought oh well, a little walking is good for me- thinking he would surely take the spot. Well he happens to pass the spot but not all the way. My guess is that he was not paying a lick of attention and realized too late that he had just passed a perfectly good parking spot. The aforementioned vehicle stops just past the spot. I assume at this point he wants to retreat backwards to be able to get into the parking spot. However, there being cars behind me- I am not able to back up to allow him to do. A little secret: I am not sure I would have backed up even if there were not cars behind me! :) Anyhow, I see the reverse lights come on and start to get weary. He starts coming back but doesn't really turn to avoid me. So I start laying on my horn, which caused absolutely no change of action. A few seconds later, he backs right into the left corner of my bumper...all the while I was still laying on my horn. My first thought was great, the last thing I need to worry about right now is having to take my car some where to be repaired. So I get out to assess the damage, which is fairly minimal: a hole busted in the headlight and a scratch on the bumper. So I turn to start a nice and calm dialogue with the guy who is getting out of the truck, when he starts yelling at me that I was right up under him and it was my fault. I literally think I stood there with my mouth wide open for a good five seconds before finally managing to spit out, "Are you kidding me?" My resolve to remain calm left I am afraid! But a grown man in his 50s probably should definitely know better than to back into somebody and then get out and start fussing at yelling at said person who is obviously very pregnant in a public parking lot! I was just dumbfounded and it started my afternoon off horrible that I had to call the insurance and file the claim all because of him! Argh! Here is my poor damaged baby!

Anyhow, after that saga- the rest of the week was fairly uneventful. In fact Thursday afternoon, everyone at work in the office had things to do or was caught up enough that they left early. This left me there all by myself. I was fine until I finished everything I really needed to do with one more hour left before I could close up the office for the day. I was all by myself, made me sad:

After work, I headed to Lawrenceville to my brother and sister-in-laws house for an Initials Inc. party! While us girls oohed and ahhed over all the bags, my brother bolted to the movies. :) We had a great time and it was a fun night to wrap up what was my last party before my little Ian comes. I was too wary of sheduling any events in the last month...just in case! Arriving home late and exhausted, I retreated to bed to sleep in my old bedroom I grew up in for the very last time. It is crazy, but not too sad. It hasn't felt like my old room ever since my baby blue walls and sunflower border got the boot for a more neutral beige. One of the things I had to get ready to go was my hope chest. This is something that is kind of a dying art I suppose but I am glad it lived on in my family. My dad's father, affectionately known as Papa, was a carpenter. That was not his trade or how he made his living but he definitely could have! My sweet Papa passed away in 2008 but when my sister and I turned 16, we were both given a hope chest that he had made. I got the better end of the deal coming second...mine is sturdier! ;) Anyhow, it is not something that traveled with me to Germany because it was something I would have been heart broken had it been damaged. It is definitely something I cherish and always will.

Moving weekend kicked off with cold rainy days. It rained the entire Friday and Saturday off and on that we were moving. This means no getting cute for a belly photo for 36 weeks! lol. My Friday that marked 36 weeks, one more month to go, was spent in yoga pants, tshirt, and sweatshirt! 


Most of my random things had already been cleaned out from my parents house but I did manage to stumble across this beauty: 

This is a watercolor painting I had to do in high school. It is a good thing, I did not strive to be an artist. I think I actually remember my art teacher telling me that my colors in the sunset needed to fade more together, not have lines. I tried to fix it- as you can see I was not successful. I think he even mentioned that maybe I should start over. I am pretty sure I noticeably scoffed at the idea. Needless to say, art was not my forte! Moving also meant getting my little one's things all in one place so his room could be put together!! Sadly, I am still working on that. I am hoping to have his room mostly settled by the end of the week. It is my goal! Here is a sneak peek of his bedding though!

It is so much cuter in person too, because the thread sticks up along the outline of the animals, making it really cute. I am really excited about getting his nursery put together and taking one more big step to making it all more real. So hopefully, nursery pictures will be coming soon. I did manage to remember to take a belly shot before coming into work today so for those of you that wish to see how much I have grown in such a short time here is 36 weeks and a few days.

Shooting out! haha! Anyway, now that I have bombarded you with updates and pictures to last a while- I have some actual work to get done...imagine that! ;) Happy Monday all!!






1 comment: