Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trickle Down

As I sit and listen to the sound of the rain outside, it really just makes me want to be at home in bed. What is it about cold rainy days that make us want to turn into hermits? I think the steady sound of the trickling is the main thing for me, it is nature's sound machine trying to rock me to sleep. I dread getting home and having to force the dogs out into the rain to go the bathroom. Trooper does not mind it so much, but Cash is an absolute pansy when it comes to anything that is not sunny weather. He hates the cold, which is understandable given he has such short hair and gets cold easily, but toss in rain or snow and he is downright stubborn about going out! However, that does mean he usually gets his business done quicker so he can run back inside! ;)
This weekend my sweet family got together to go check out the new house and enjoy some quality time together. My darling nephew, Sam, decided he wanted to try on Mema's hat and Aunt Lisa's pink shoes. He was very stylish! :) We enjoyed giving the rest of the family a tour of what will be the Mema and Pop's new house by the end of the month. There is a large bonus room upstairs that the nephews were really excited about. My oldest nephew said, "We could fit a lot of toys up here!" Haha! Then the almost 3 year old says, "That's a great idea, let's do it!" These two are a hoot and I can't wait to watch my sweet boy grow up with such sweet cousins! After touring the house, we enjoyed frozen yogurt, some down time, and then dinner downtown. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of rain! Our dogs sound so much alike. Emma absolutely hates the rain and we have had to use an umbrella to cover her a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete