Wednesday, April 24, 2013

5 weeks!!

My sweet little boy hit 5 weeks this past Monday. It is true what they say, time surely does fly by!! It has been an exciting adventure so far. Some things I have come to learn and love about my precious son!

One, it still feels weird to think I am a momma and I have a son! I love the little guy to pieces and still can't believe he is mine! I love being an aunt to my two adorable nephews, but this is so much different. I don't care what people say about loving them and giving them back...when it's your own- you can't imagine having to do so. I truly can't imagine my life without him. I never imagined that being a mother would be like this. Sure, there are moments I am frustrated because I can't get him to calm down. Sure, there are times when I hear the cries over the monitor that I think, "I really think he should go back to sleep." Let me be clear, and knock on wood, that these moments are few and far between. My sweet son has been such a great baby for the most part. He is absolutely spoiled but I am starting to get him away from that a little bit...I am learning the tough love. He is also sleeping around 4 hours at a time for me at night which I think is a raving success and I can't complain one bit when it means one middle of the night feeding and one early morning feeding!
Two, this little guy has more love than he could ever ask for. As I have mentioned, I have the two coolest nephews around so my little guy is the third grandchild on my side of the family. Well apart from my dad, who is in the white haired guy in the very back not all crowded around the window, these are all loved ones from his daddy's side of the family. Sweet Ian is the first grandchild on his daddy's side where both of Jonathan's parents are remarried, which makes for two grandfathers and grandmothers and three aunts. They were all there and proud to be there. So this little boy will never be wanting for a hug and kiss.
Three, my sweet boy LOVES his hands. He must have had his hands by his face a lot in the womb because he loves to sleep with his hands or arms up by his face. As a result, he hates to be swaddled because that means his hands are not free. In fact in the first few weeks I would get so tickled because he would be laying there fast asleep and all the sudden throw up his arms straight into the air. I teased that he was making sure he could still get to his hands! Haha. And yes, he is being raised right- go dawgs! :)
To put in in my nephew's words, "He's cute." I know I am obviously very biased but my kid is cute!! I think he has his moments where he resembles me but I think for the most part, he favors his daddy. Obviously I think his daddy is pretty handsome so I am ok with that. Haha. For those that don't know, my hubby has red hair and was pretty disappointed when his son didn't enter the world with bright red strands atop his head. However, as the days have gone by I do believe his hair has a reddish tint to it. 
The last thing I will share for now, is that he didn't get his feet from mommy or daddy. Neither of us have large feet or are particularly tall but this baby boy sports some large feet! It doesn't help that he has little bird legs that show off how large his stompers are. Lol. I thought this was funny one day when I looked over as he was sitting with my mom and seemed to be showing off how large his feet were by sticking one foot straight up in the air. Silly boy! If he grows into those things, he will outgrow his daddy for sure!

These were all from his first week so I will try to catch up again soon now that my sweet boy is on a better schedule and gives me a little bit of time to get things done. 

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I can't believe it has been 5 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's precious! Congratulations <3

    ReplyDelete