Monday, April 29, 2013

Full blown mama mode

So I since becoming a mama I have come to the realization of a few things, some of which I will no doubt share with you in due time, aka as I remember this while sitting in front of the computer! :)
My first realization as a mama is that drive-thrus were so under valued before motherhood. I am now a firm believer that everywhere should have a drive-thru. If this cannot be done, then my son should come equipped with someone to ride in the car with me everywhere I go, so I can hop out, run in, and get out. You know that my errand annoyances have greatly altered. I honestly used to dread going on long errand trips, like the grocery store. I thrived on those quickies where all I had to do was run and run out. Now, it is just the opposite. I dread having to go through all the trouble of getting little man out, only to walk in somewhere and drop something off or pick something up. I know greatly look forward to those long trips to the grocery store that make getting him out of the car actually worth it! 
A second thing I have come to realize is what people mean when they say, you will never have it all figured out. Some days I feel like I really have a handle on this whole motherhood thing and I just must be a natural! I know, how modest of me right? No worries, my son knows how to humble me. Just when he started doing really good at night, he decides he is not a big fan of going back to sleep after he eat at 3 in the morning. Just when he started to be okay with getting baths, I get the above result...and no that picture is not the same from the last post. The actually kind of funny thing about it was he was being really calm when his bath started. I got him in his little bath seat, he was fine. I got him wet, he was fine. I started to wash him with soap, scream bloody murder. I honestly couldn't help but laugh. It was like he didn't mind getting wet- but don't you dare clean me!! :) Haha!
The third and final thing, for now, that I have come to realize is that moments like this one where my son is the cutest thing in the world will make all these crazy, hectic moments melt away in comparison! Gosh I love him!! I am so blessed to be this little booger's mama!



1 comment: