Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'll Need This Someday!

It is hard to think about my sweet baby boy being a toddler, much less a teenager! However, I know the time will come all too quickly!


The mornings where I go to get him out of his crib will be over all too soon. The proud smiling face that is happy to have gotten a hand out of his swaddle will eventually turn into a grumpy boy who just wants five more minutes of sleep!


Especially if he turns out to love sleeping in as much as his big cousin Sam!


Soon, his cousins won't have to bring him the toys he "wants" because he will go and get them himself and no doubt make just as big of a mess.


I hope he never forgets where he comes from, Bulldawg country! I know he will go to many games!


I know we will still go to church every Sunday morning that we are able. I am not sure how much longer I will be allowed to take the ritual Sunday morning picture though! Any guesses on when he might get tired of that? :)


Soon light up toys will be a thing of the past and it will be all about video games and sports. I say all this because I read a fantastic article today about a mother of older boys. She shared how she prays for them and tries to help them grow up to be the kind of men a mother would be proud of. I know I will need that guidance someday and I hope I remember her words of wisdom. But just in case I forget, I am leaving it here...because I'll need THIS someday!




3 comments:

  1. I totally read that same article today. No doubt you saw it when someone linked to it on FB. One of my friends had sort of written a similar post on FB to a gal friend of her 12-year-old.

    little ian looks so much like jack in that last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how adorable he is!

    ReplyDelete