Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy Bee

Sorry I have been away most of the week. I began my dining room wall project and was committed to finishing it. There were times when I wondered if I should be committed for even starting it! I thought I would never get done and asked myself on several occasions whether or not I was crazy and what was I thinking. I finished it last night after the Georgia bulldawgs beat the rebels!! Whoo hoo!! Anyhow, my goal was to add a little bit of creativity to the little area. About a month ago I had grabbed the container of white paint we had left from a while ago and added the little bit of brown tint we had left to it in hopes it would be dark enough to make a little bit of difference. I painted two coats on the wall and quickly concluded I had just wasted my time because only I could really tell. So I ventured back to the discount store, Poco, and grabbed two more bottles of brown paint. Then I came across an idea of using a stencil and I was hooked and knew I wanted to try it! So I darkened the paint I originally used and got to work. My first mission was to paint half the way the solid darker color:
The next step was to take my stencil and trace it with a pencil over and over and over again, all the way across the wall. After tracing that stencil numerous times I had to then paint along each of those lines that I had traced, this way the part that tries your patience (and your sanity).
Sorry it is turned, I am uploading right off the memory card!
All done!
Then I also did a couple of small fall decor projects with more to come hopefully!
This table is going to be a project soon as well!!

2 comments:

  1. wow! it looks great, em! i want some close-ups! i know you are proud, and so glad that you got it done before you start working again.

    when does the new job start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well originally it was going to start October 11th but they are now trying to get me started by October 3rd.

    ReplyDelete