Monday, September 26, 2011

Marvelous Monday!

Well I know it is not thankful Thursday but I am thankful for some great news today so decided it would be "Marvelous Monday" instead! I received a phone call at 7:50 this morning informing me that I was being offered the position I interviewed for on Friday. I know so many people were thinking, I didn't know anything about this! Well truth is, it all happened pretty quickly for me as well. Thursday in the midst of my painting project I got a phone call from the secretary at the elementary school here on base asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. We talked a little while and she seemed very excited for me to come in and we set up a time. I couldn't wait for Jonathan to get home from his PT test to share the wonderful news with him! Friday afternoon I met with the principal and the teacher I will be working with for a little while. She said I should hear by Monday. Little did I know, they actually tried to call Friday, about a half hour after my interview. I was a little sleepy/groggy this morning to truly appreciate it in the moment but I am truly excited for the opportunity. I will not have my very own classroom but I honestly am just so blessed to have the opportunity to get back in the school and back to doing what I love to do!!! I am just so thankful that the Lord brought this opportunity my way!

Speaking of getting back to the school I find it delightful that today is "Johnny Appleseed Day." It takes me back to the days when Mrs. Grant's wonderful hubby, I mean 'Johnny Appleseed', would come to school and tell the kids about who he was and give them each an apple and we would make homemade applesauce!! YUMMMM!! It makes me wish I had my crock pot here with me so I could make some tomorrow. If you have never made homemade applesauce- it is a MUST!! The most delicious thing and smells delightful as well!!! Happy Marvelous Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment