Friday, September 30, 2011

Door Decor

Well I have been trying to clean and tidy up most of today in addition to make one of my favorite dishes, chicken pie! YUMM! However, on my last Friday before I start work I did manage to squeeze in a quick project to dress up our drab and boring door to the apartment. My mom sent me a wooden "R" so that is was I started with. Here are all my supplies:
A wooden R spray painted white, black paint, and donut holes used on  paper.

First place as many donut holes on letter as you wish, then paint over.

Let the paint dry for a few minutes and then peel up the donut holes, I used a toothpick to carefully get underneath.

Add a little string, hand, and add a pumpkin for good measure!
A few tips:
-Be sure the stickers on the outside that are sticking off are secure, some of mine could have been better.
-Using a toothpick to get the stickers up is definitely the easiest way that I found to get them up with as little destruction as possible.

I was glad to make our door a little more home like. I will probably be doing something with the pumpkin soon- just haven't quite decided what yet!

2 comments: