Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Mexican Food?

Today is Mexican Independence Day. Contrary to what most people believe Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence day, but rather a celebration of a battle won in the fight for independence! In fact in doing a little research this past May I discovered more people in America celebrate Cinco de Mayo than people in Mexico. I found that quite entertaining. Anyhow, my family will be enjoying tacos tonight in celebration of Mexican independence.

I made my trip to the grocery store earlier today which means I am not in the mood for cooking a high-maintenance dinner. If you are feeling more adventurous or just do not want to be boring with your dinner tonight you can try this recipe for Mexican pasta I made a few weeks ago that was a hit in our house.

Creamy Mexican Chicken Pasta
-3 cups of bow-tie pasta
-1 1/2 chicken, cut into strips
-8 oz velveeta
-1 can crm of mushroom
-1 cup salsa
-1/4 cup milk
~Cook pasta. Spray large skillet with nonstick spray. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
~Add pasta in saucepan along with remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until velveeta in completely melted and mixture is well blended.
~Lastly, ENJOY!!

Happy birthday also to my father-in-law, Tim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment