Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Goodness me, too many choices!!

Wow! When I looked up what interesting holiday I might embark on sharing with you today there were so many to choose from! First of all, today is my old college roomie, Bray's, birthday!! I am so excited for her to have her first birthday as a hot mama of a sweet lil baby boy!! I can't wait to meet that lil bundle of joy the next chance I get to come home. So if all else fails- celebrate Bray List Day!! :) I love ya roomie!!

However, if you are not acquainted with my lovely Bray, then perhaps you would like to celebrate one of the many other choices you have for this day!

Today is "Defy Superstition Day." My family jokes about this kind of thing but I know there are people out there that take it crazy serious. So walk the fence and do something you never would do otherwise if you didn't believe in superstition. I think us avid sports fans are probably the worst at this. Those of you bulldawg fans who have been disappointed thus far in the season and think you can never wear the same outfit on another game day, defy that notion- do it anyway. If we lose again, beware, the masses of fans may place the blame on you because of your defying acts; so proceed at your own risk! ;)

Today is also "Fortune Cookie Day." Now, who doesn't love a fortune cookie? I know plenty of people who do not enjoy eating the fortune cookie but I am thoroughly convinced that there is none who does not enjoy cracking the cookie open to see what message awaits them inside. I am not a believer in fortune telling, astronomy, etc by any means but this is just plain old fun! It is especially fun when your fortune is exceptionally generic: "Something good will happen to you next week." DUH!! :)

ACHOO!! Sorry the first thing I thought about with the next one was allergies! Today is "National Peanut Day." I, personally, claim no allergies to peanuts- thank goodness! I know many people are, however. I worked at a summer camp for three summers where peanut products were not allowed in lunches due to the large amount of campers allergic. As counselors, we were charged with searching their lunches for peanut products. Let me tell you, it was such a burden taking those Reese's off their hands! :) I mean of course, all of those things got thrown in the trash!!

The last one I will touch on is "Think Positive Day." I have to admit this is something that is rare in my marriage. Do not get me wrong, my husband and I are very happy and generally have a positive outlook on life. The army, however, does not subscribe to this method. We both have learned in the almost 3 years the army has been in our lives to think realistically and never get your hopes up. We try to keep our expectations low so that when something does go the way we would want it to- we can be extra thrilled!! It is an extremely twisted way of thinking, I know, but trust me it is a means of survival in this world of camouflage. I still think positive of all things NOT pertaining to the army, which is why I am choosing not to dwell on the fact that it is also happens to be "Uncle Sam Day" today- how ironic is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment