Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh the Joy!

Labor Day was always one of those ironic holidays to me. Labor means to work the last time I checked and Labor Day is a day most of us have off from work. Hmm? Interesting! I think we should change it to Rest Day! :) Anyhow, Jonathan unfortunately is not one of the many who could celebrate rest day, he actually is laboring! Lucky for him today also happens to be "Be late for something day." I think this work outs perfectly. He can just be late for celebrating it!! Great right!!

I have been faithfully slacking on my blog, but that is not really new news. New news would be if I updated more than one or two times a week! Well, thankfully I have been busy with little projects around the house. I am slowly making our house feel more and more like home and coming into my own a homemaker! I really enjoy finding new and great ideas and being able to shape and form in my head how I would like things to be. The vast majority of these ideas have come from this lovely website! I promised my sister that I would blog about my little projects!
These are the frames I did.

An old shelf I found on the curb, repainted!

Quick and easy dry erase boards!

Wooden letters wrapped in yarn...took forever!

Finished product to go over our bed.
I have been having a lot of fun beautifying our home! I am not through, just have to go slowly (not made of money). Some projects are looking like they are going to be harder than originally thought, since I can't find the materials to do them here in Germany. I have heard there is a larger craft store on a base about 45 minutes away that I hope to check out soon. My friend and I have vowed to have DIY days at least once a month to get together and work on a project together. In the meantime I am just enjoying my daily life with my hubby. I hope to update again soon.

By the way tomorrow is "Read a book day." So pick a favorite and read it with your kids and tell them why it is a favorite. Maybe if I am not too lazy I will share some of my favorites with you tomorrow!

~Emily

2 comments:

  1. i like that i am one of the labels for this post! ha, ha!

    monthly diy projects are a great idea. i'm wanting to tackle a ribbon wreath if i can just gather my supplies.

    p.s. if there are things that i can mail you, let me know. we have a michaels & joanns in gainesville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask you to keep an eye out on a few things for me, I will have to start writing things down as I think of them!

    ReplyDelete