Sunday, June 3, 2012

#3 Words

The subject for today's photo was words. Unfortunately I discovered last night that my camera died or I would have taken this picture myself. I thought the most appropriate way to show words would be to show what passage we read from this morning at the chapel service. We read from Psalm 1:1-3. While I am very familiar with these three verses it is always nice to have a reminder of what God wants for us in our lives.
He wants us to be involved in the lives of others but as the same time not to partake in their wicked ways. I know that can be such a tricky thing sometimes. We are to be in the world but not of the world and I know we all have times where it is hard to see the difference. I know I have been through times where I convince myself I am doing things the way I am supposed to be doing them, only to find upon further observation that I am going about it all the wrong ways! I am certainly not perfect but I love that God reminds us to be trees firmly planted by a stream of water so that we may always bear fruit and our leaves never wither. 

Father, please allow me to take those words and apply them to my life daily so that I may always bear fruit in your name and never let the leaves wither.

No comments:

Post a Comment