Friday, June 22, 2012

Couch to 5k


One of my goals this summer is to become a better runner, okay a runner in general. Let's face it, I grew up and my metabolism was left behind in college. My days of tennis and soccer and intramurals are mostly behind me and without staying active my metabolism moved on to bigger and better things. I am out to prove to my metabolism I can do what it takes so it will make a re-appearance. 

I was given this couch to 5k idea from a fellow milspouse blogger. She is an avid runner and thus in much better shape than myself. I have never been a fan of running. I started reading about ways to get into running and I kept reading about how starting slow and steady can be the key. I have tried getting into running in the past and always took the method of pushing myself as hard as I could until my body just adjusted. I understand, now, that I never really gave myself the chance to enjoy running to get in shape. So I looked up this couch to 5k to start off a new start. 

I started my first week of couch to 5k this week and it has been surprisingly refreshing to get a start on what I hope to be a new lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like exactly what I need! I would love to get back into it. I started for a while before my wedding but now I've lost all motivation.

    ReplyDelete