Monday, June 4, 2012

Favorite Place



This one was a sort of difficult one because I have lots of favorite places. When I was younger, in middle and high school my favorite place was a small pond on my grandfather's land. It was right off this little road in this little town across the street from the cemetery. It sounds creepy I know, but it was just so peaceful. It was 2 minutes down the road from where I went to church all my life and every now and then I would drive down there when I was in high school and just sit in the grass and just talk to God, listen, pray, sing softly, and generally just enjoy the calmness when my life seemed to be trying to tie me down! Unfortunately I do not have a picture online of that sweet place.

One of my favorite places I have ever been was this place with my parents:
This is the western most point of Europe and is located in Portugal, close to or in Lisbon. It is hard to tell from this picture alone but the place was just absolutely gorgeous! It was this HUGE drop off into this beautiful water! I would have stayed out there for hours and hours had my parents and uncle let me! Unfortunately, the name of this particular location has escaped my memory but I will never forget its beauty and sincerely hope to take my hubby back to this place so he can witness it one day as well.
On of my favorite places to be figuratively is anywhere with my husband! It is what keeps me going as a military spouse! I was always very close with my family growing up and never imagined I would be jetting around the world in a totally different time zone than the rest of my family! Being with my husband makes that all so much easier. I still miss my family dearly and miss going to Easter, family reunions, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. but having the love of my life by my side the whole way through makes the ache a little more bearable and allows me to push through until the next time I see them and hug them...which will be in 26 days!!!!!!!! :) YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of you guys. Your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. It was very simple but absolutely everything I wanted it to be and a really good price!! Haha, which made it even more perfect!

      Delete