Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It's Official...I am a Hero!!

I know there might have been some misplaced doubt prior to today but fear not, it can now be made official that I am a hero...with a badly bruised elbow! My morning started very similar to every other morning. My sweet boy woke up around 6:00 am, which he has made a habit of doing for the past week or so. I am beginning to think that this may be the routine for a while. My days of him making it to almost 7 are in the rear view mirror. Anyhow, we did our cereal and milk thing and then he plays while I get ready, for a little while anyways.


It always start out really great like this! He is happy as can be for at least a solid 20-30 minutes. Just enough time for me to get my quick shower and some essential grooming done. Then he realizes that he got up at 6:00 and that was awful early, so he should go back to sleep for just a little while. The past couple mornings I have stuck him in his car seat and let him snooze away. This morning, I had a little extra time after getting ready quickly so I chose to snuggle with my boy and let him nap that way, plus I needed a chance to trim his nails a little bit and it seemed like the best option. So after he took his little power nap, I finished getting ready and we headed downstairs to change his clothes and officially start our day.

This is where my heroic act comes in, so imagine some awesome theme music playing! I went to close the door at the top of the stairs before heading down and somehow lost my footing...I know a graceful hero! Anyhow, holding my sweet boy tight- my only option was to break my fall with my elbow and try to stop myself with my feet. I slid about halfway down before being able to stop. End result: freaked out Ian, floor burn on my left arm, badly bruised right elbow, and a sore knee. So, needless to say- my day started with this purchase at the golden pantry.


My elbow is already feeling a little better but every now and then, I forget and go to support myself or my arm on it and am quickly brought back to that painful place. I am glad I didn't scare Ian too badly. He cried a little but calmed down pretty quickly as I tried to sooth him while secretly wanting to cry myself. So the morning has been anything short of dull for us!


1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness!!! I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete