Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sleep?

So, due to circumstances beyond my control: this will be a pictureless post. (ok, I lied. there is one- but it is an older one!)

Yesterday was a rare mid-week day that I got to spend with my boy! His normal sitter was sick so I stayed home with him. It was a nice and relaxing day! He is all over the place rolling and scooting! It is making sleeping a little more challenging. Now that he is more mobile, sleeping in his swaddle is coming to a close and I am dreading what that means for my night time bliss! I don't even want to talk about that time because it makes me so anxious and stressed! That wonderful little swaddle keeps my little man from waking himself up with his flailing arms. But now that little swaddle also restrains my little man from being able to roll around freely in his crib. You might think, well that is good, right? Hmmm, jury is still out on that one! He can still roll over in his swaddle, which I am not a big fan of. So I usually end up putting something, a blanket rolled up, on either side to constrain him to one area. I know, it is evil and horribly wrong to put blankets in the crib with your child...do me a favor and save the lecture for another day when I am less stressed. This seemed to prolong the need for a solution to this night time problem a little longer. However, last night- there were four separate times I had to go downstairs throughout the night and put his paci in because he had inevitably lost it and was getting restless not being able to roll around freely. This may not be such a huge ordeal if my room was on the same floor as his...it isn't, just in case you were wondering. I am so NOT the kind of person who can just go right back to sleep. It takes me a little while and so four interruptions through the night wreaks havoc on the sleep cycle! I posted a picture a couple days ago on my instagram of one of the mornings he had managed to escape from his swaddle.


One of my dear sweet friends mentioned that once her daughter started doing that, they quit swaddling her and she was totally fine! Ah, don't you just love when you hear a success story from someone and it makes you feel so much better. Anyone...why do I hear crickets? My little boy, as sweet as he is...needs to be swaddled in order to go to sleep. I have tried letting him go unswaddled...haha you want to talk about fun! He was out, dead to the world, put him down...AWAKE!! Oh it's playtime in the crib! He just rolled all around and kicked his legs. I left him in there for a while, left, came back...he just looked up at me like, "hey mama, I am having fun!" lol. Little booger! Anyhow, I know it will all work itself out in due time. I am just having one of my moments where I picture my sleeping nights going out the window for a while and that makes me sad! :( I am not ashamed to admit it either! However, I know there are so parents who struggle getting theirs to sleep all through the night much more than I have so far, so I reminded to be grateful at the same time! Maybe, the transition will be smoother than I anticipate once he is ready!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you got to spend time some mid week time with your precious boy. :)

    ReplyDelete