Monday, September 23, 2013

Too Stinking Cute


In case you forgot, this little guy is too stinking cute! He turned six months old last week and we celebrated this weekend! Well, not really him...we celebrated my dad's birthday early. But we did have his pictures made on Friday morning. We had so much fun with Meredith taking his pictures. I have gotten two sneak peeks so far and can't wait to see the rest!!


Soooo precious!! Meredith had some other fun props and things for us to use. I love the little hat we used to get this one.


So thankful for my sister's sweet friend who is so great at this!! :) So, since we were in my sister's domain- we made a day of it. We went to MOPS, which is a great mother support group that my sister is a part of in her town. It was fun and made me wish I was closer and able to come more often. Afterwards, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.


You can never go wrong with that choice! We then went back to her house where the little ones napped and my sister went to go pick up my oldest nephew from kindergarten! We played and enjoyed cousin time before meeting up with Ian's grandparents in Cornelia for dinner and a little visiting before heading back home for bed. We wore him out!


Saturday, I decided to strike against the idea of going to the football game where it was highly likely I would get soaking wet and decided to stay home with the boys and Mema. We enjoyed watching the game from the dry and comfortable couch at home! :) 


Ian and big cousin Jack enjoyed playing and watching movies. Eventually the fun got the best of Ian and he had to take a nap. He pretty much slept the whole second half of the football game and was not particularly pleased that I woke him up to go to an early dinner for Pop. 


He forgave me later although there was almost a death in the family this weekend. Haha. My dad requested red velvet cake for his birthday cake. So my mom decided to have this lady in town make her one. She makes delicious cakes and they are a pretty penny. Anyhow, my mom was getting everything together; the cake, candles, and homemade ice cream while the rest of us were in the living room when I hear her yell my dog Trooper's name. I come into the dining room to discover Trooper had hopped onto a chair and begun to help himself to some birthday cake. I could tell mom was fuming. I felt awful. I banished Trooper to the laundry room for the rest of the evening and gave him a spanking. Mom proceeded to cut off the section Trooper had dug into, therefor explaining the shape of the cake in the picture above. 


It didn't put a damper on the evening too long. The cake was delicious though and afterwards, my brother-in-law joked that he bet Trooper was in the laundry room thinking, "It was worth it." haha. Here is our picture from Sunday morning. Ian had his 6 month check up this morning which meant shots, ouch! But I will update about that tomorrow!








1 comment:

  1. Oh those picture are too adorable for words. Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete