Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rain, rain- GO AWAY!!!!


This is what my weather app has looked like for a whole week now! It is so depressing. Excluding last Friday we have had nothing but rain, dreary clouds, and thunderstorms for almost two weeks! It is making me a little stir crazy, and I don't even get out that often! I just would love to have some sunshine in my life...is that too much to ask? I think not! I heard on the radio this morning that we have gotten 20 more inches this year than this time last year! It is craziness I tell you! I think we got about 7 or 8 inches just last week. Of course it rained out the fireworks for 4th of July but that wasn't enough...it just won't go away.

Yes, I am a being a little childish- but I am allowed because...well just because I said so! You like that? I can be childish but I can also use those infamous words, "because I said so!" I can do that now that I am a mom! It says so in the fine print when you sign your hospital release papers after having a baby. I think they should make membership cards. The "Because I Said So Club." Maybe BISSC for short? Who wants to get started on that? Great! I will be looking for mine in the mail!


On baby boy front, he has gotten in a rotten habit. Look, I am even rhyming! He has decided instead of taking a good long afternoon nap that he will just cat nap every now and then. This makes him much crankier than usual and a little more rotten than usual. It ends up in short naps in the car and waking up when we get somewhere. Yesterday I needed to put some clothes away and do some general maintenance in my bedroom because it was looking a little like a hamper threw up! So I decided this would be a good time to try to let him work through his issues of wanting to have someone either holding him or right there with him all the time. So he sat in his bumbo for a little while until he was no longer amused by the movie playing and the toy he had. Instead of picking him up and holding him, I moved him to his blanket to lay down and play. That got old pretty fast as well, until ultimately I decided to let him cry it out for a little while. I ended up sitting down beside him but not picking him up. I know- such a mean mommy right? I talked to him and tried to calm him down some but eventually he wore himself out and tuckered out.


I didn't let him stay like this, I moved him to lay him down. But as hard as it was it did show me he is capable of eventually putting himself to sleep. It is crazy that he is doing this during the day because honestly he sleeps great at night time. At night, I give him his last bottle, swaddle him up (in those heavenly swaddle me creations that do not require me to know how to actually swaddle with a blanket), and lay him down. Sometimes he is not all the way asleep when I lay him down- but he always goes to sleep shortly without any fuss. It is just the napping he is all the sudden having trouble with. Makes me sad because he stays with my cousin during the day who watches a few older kids and I do not want him to be a burden and cranky! I know that he isn't really a burden- he never will be a burden but I want him to be happy, not cranky. So if any of you veteran moms have suggestions for getting him on a good nap schedule- I would love to hear them!! :)



1 comment: