Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Really?!?!

Okay, so admittedly, I have not taken any new pictures since yesterday. Why? Well- frankly because I have some semblance of a life. Haha! Truthfully, we had a Womens on Missions meeting at our house last night. So once I got back from work and picking up my love bug- I helped mom get ready for that, attended said meeting, fed love bug, put love bug to bed, helped clean up, and then hit the sack myself! So, you see- not much time for snap shots! So I thought this would be the ideal time to discuss this...

Sharknado (2013) Poster

Really?!?! I am not sure how many of you have heard of this movie. My dad brought it up a few days ago and my mind is still reeling!! I seriously thought he was trying to pull a fast one on me! I was utterly shocked when I discovered this to be an actual movie! Check out the description for this thriller:
"When a freak hurricane swamps Los Angeles, nature's deadliest killer rules sea, land, and air as thousands of sharks terrorize the waterlogged populace."

 Now, I would love to say I am going to give you a review, but honestly...I wouldn't want to put myself through watching it, in order to review it! You know those times where you wish you could be a fly on the wall? I feel like that right now. I wish I could be in the room when this movie idea was pitched...and apparently accepted!! I am just having a REALLY tough time picturing someone legitimately pitching this idea, and then ON TOP OF THAT- someone legitimately accepting the proposal!!

Fred: Yea, we are going to have this tornado start out over the water and pick up all these sharks. Now, we are going to go against the obvious rules of nature and instead of just being flung out of the tornado...the sharks will continue to cycle in the tornado. They are going to terrorize people on land, where sharks can't move...due to their swimming nature. We might even throw in a scene where this guy dives in the sharks mouth with a chain saw, rescues a girl inside (who is still alive after being eaten), and cuts his way out of the shark without bringing any harm to himself or the girl! (I can't make this stuff up, that is an actual scene from what I have heard!)

Producer: That's a great idea...let's do it!

Me: Jaw open, staring in disbelief!!

Whether the pitch man's name be Fred, Bob, Dingo, or Doofus...I would honestly like to meet this guy. I have to believe either one of two things happened here!

1. Fred (names have been changed to protect the stupid) is a REALLY great salesman and came up with a phenomenal way to make this movie sound like it would e a GREAT idea!

2. Producer (if you can really call him/her that) is an absolute moron or sucker!

Who knows, maybe they knew it would make outlandish amount of attention on how absolutely dumb it is and decided that would be a great way to get their name out there? Only one problem with that...do you think people will ever take you serious after that? I am going to go out on a limb and guess NOT! I mean check out the trailer. Sure is good to see good ole' Steve from 90210...that should be a clue about the quality of the movie- right? ;)


4 comments:

  1. Ummmm yeah don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I could not believe it when I saw this on the news the other day. At first I thought it was a joke, and I'm still hoping it's a late April Fool's! I love disaster movies, but this? I can hardly watch the trailers and previews. It's going to have to make #1 in the Rotten Tomatoes" awards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree!! It is hard to believe money, time, and effort (however little) was put into a project like this! Craziness indeed!

    ReplyDelete