Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Road Trip Recap

So, I have been planning on recapping since Monday but was having trouble getting my pictures to load, and honestly what is a recap without pictures? BORING! Ok, so Thursday evening after work, a great dinner by my amazing grandmother, and kissing every inch of my sweet boy- I pulled out to head to Nashville. Thanks to a new car and a few free months of Sirius radio, I listened to country music the whole way there. I typically only listen to a Christian radio station just because it is always uplifting. But I thought it would be sinful to be driving to Nashville and listen to anything but country music!


It had been a hot minute since I had listened to country music! I kind of missed the twang! :) So I have been listening to it a little bit more! Anyhow, I arrived in Nashville late Thursday evening, although they are a hour behind so gained an hour! MAJOR score! Here is the best picture I could get while safely driving!


I checked into my hotel and rested up for what was bound to be a busy weekend at conference. Friday morning was mostly just mingling with other people, which I am shamefully awful at!! I am so not that girl who can go up to a random person, introduce myself, and start a normal conversation. I am so totally that girl who can introduce myself to someone, ask them the run of the mill ordinary question about where they are from and then not be able to think of a darn thing else to contribute to the conversation!


So, I cut my mingling short and went to visit with a friend of my sister's out by the pool. My sister lives in northeast Georgia where the company I work for is based. Thus, she knows a lot of the people that work for Initials Inc. The founders of the company go to church with her and one of her good friends, Andrea, has a husband works there. So Andrea was there for the week. I went to sit by the pool and catch up with her because it was frankly less awkward than trying to think of something to say to a stranger! :) While on my way to the pool, I snapped some pictures of the beautiful resort!!



Like seriously, this place was gorgeous!! All this was indoors! It was definitely a lovely sight and I hope to maybe go back one day when I can afford to stay there, instead of a less exquisite place a couple miles away!


I missed this little guy terribly and was thankful for mema's pictures she would send to get me through the weekend! I absolutely love this one...I mean he is the cutest thing ever!!


Friday night was the highly anticipated Fashion Show! We were all VERY eagerly waiting to see the new fall and winter collection!! After my team meeting, we all went to wait for the doors to open! We sat there for a while but it paid off because we got front row seats!! It was incredible. Unfortunately I can't post any of those pictures until the catalog goes live tomorrow! But have no fear, I will!!


Our crazy Matt Paul! They give you these ribbons to put on your badge that have different accomplishments on them. As you can see, Matt got a little carried away playing with the ribbons on his name tag.


Mema was in charge of the Sunday morning snapshot this week, she can get a smile out of this happy little booger too!!


While looking around in one of the shops in the resort I saw these coasters. I thought that was great and instead of buying them for an outrageous-overly-priced-because-we-are-in-resort-amount, I snapped a picture instead! 


After an amazing time at conference, where I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted- I got to come home to this sweet thing!! I missed him so much and was happy to have him back in my arms. Thanks mema for taking such good care of him! I think it will be a while before I can leave this sweet one again! Maybe next year if I go to conference- he can come with me! :) We carry some large bags in our line- I think he could fit!











2 comments: